⦽ Basic Nodes
⧰ Advanced Nodes
✑ Nodes Properties
⚙ Unity Plugin (UP) & API
The state of a Machinations diagram refers to the current distribution of Resources among its Nodes. When Resources get redistributed, the State of the diagram/system changes.
You can change the State of diagram elements by using State Connections.
Use State changes to:
- Modify the flow rates of Resource Connections.
- Trigger Nodes to fire, activate or deactivate them, in response to changes in Resource distribution.
State Connections are shown as dotted arrows, leading from the controlling Node (called the origin) and going to a Target, which can be either a Node, a Resource Connection, or, rarely, another State Connection.
In the diagram below, we showcase how a State Connection may affect each one of the 3 Targets mentioned.
🔧 In this example there are 3 controlling Nodes: Pools B, F and D.
- Pool B activates Source C as soon it receives a Resource from the automatic Source A.
- When B hits a number of Resources that equals or is bigger than 6, it also activates the Resource Connection between Source E and Pool F.
- The latter is in itself a controlling Node and it will affect the flow of Resources between C and D, by adding +1 each Step.
- Pool D activates the End Condition as soon as it contains 15 Resources. End stops the execution.
There are four types of State Connections that are characterized by the type of elements they connect and their Labels. Check them out:
Also, read about Labels, if you haven’t already:
Used by 2500+ game studios all over the world
350+ universities & academic institutions use Machinations