Unity Plugin (UP) & API
State Connections change the state of Nodes or Connections.
The state of a Machinations diagram refers to the current distribution of Resources among its Nodes. When Resources get redistributed, the State of the diagram/system changes.
- Label – descriptive text
- Formula – use this field to define how the State Connection affects Nodes or connections
- Filter – use Filter if your model requires only a certain type of Resource to change the diagram’s state
You can change the State of diagram elements by using State Connections.
Use State changes to:
- Modify the flow rates of Resource Connections.
- Trigger Nodes to fire, activate or deactivate them, in response to changes in Resource distribution.
State Connections are dotted arrows, leading from the controlling Node to a Target.
The Target can be a Node, a Resource Connection, or, rarely, another State Connection. Play the examples below.
- When a Resource gets to Pool B it activates Source C
- When the number of Resources in Pool B is >=6 activate transfer
- When Pool B has 3 or more Resources activates add
In this example, there are 3 controlling Nodes: Pools B, D and F.
- Pool B activates Source C as soon it receives a Resource from the automatic Source A.
- When B hits a number of Resources equal to or bigger than 6, it also activates the transfer between Source E and Pool F.
- Pool F is in itself a controlling Node and it will affect the flow of Resources between C and D, by adding +1 each Step.
- Pool D activates the Stop End Condition when it collects 15 Resources. The diagram stops executing.
Powering top studios around the World
+350 Academic Institutions are already teaching Machinations