Unity Plugin (UP) & API
Your Machinations Workspace is where you’ll craft game systems, set parameters, play simulations, and plot results.
From the header you can easily access
- the Main Menu
- the File Management: Diagram name, description, API token (for game engine integration)
- Set Sharing Options for Diagrams
- Global Settings
- User Profile
Clicking on the diagram’s
Name reveals the file management setting.
From this dropdown, you can:
- Set a background colour for your diagram
- Show/Hide Tooltips, Grid, Guides and Zoom Controls
- Set your preferred connection style
- Choose the position of your components bar or hide it
- Choose how many decimals are shown on the diagram
This area will provide important information about your diagrams, such as potential errors or issues. In the same panel, you will see community updates.
In the Main Menu you will find everything you could expect from a Docs suite.
- Diagrams – all your diagrams split by:
- My Diagrams – all diagrams created by you
- Shared with me – all diagrams that were shared with you
- Team Folder – your team’s diagrams
- Google Drive – previously exported diagrams
- Community – discover diagrams publicly shared in the community
- Activity Feed – latest updates and trends
- Diagrams – browse diagrams published on the community
- Designers – browse all designers’ public profiles
- Templates – a repository of ready-made deconstructions of games and game mechanics
Templates should be interesting for both beginner and advanced users. Quickly access a ready-built diagram and investigate how it works.
🧙 It’s a nice way of getting over the empty canvas block every one of us may experience.
💡 Templates can also be accessed from Menu > Open a Template
Every diagram will consist of several nodes and connections. The Components Panel is where you can find them.
Select the Node or connections you wish to add with your mouse, then click on the canvas to place it where you want. No worries, you can always move them once added.
🦸 Pro-tip: Double click Nodes to automatically place & connect them.
Read more on this in Best Practices
You can change the position or hide the components panel from Global settings.
The Sidebar contains all the tools to organize your libraries (Public, Private, Team), Image gallery, Custom variables (Diagram, Private, Team), Layers, and review the History for your diagram and plays.
Access a searchable repository of ready-made subsystems. Drag and drop them onto the canvas to get you started.
The section in which you’ll find public, ready-made systems to get you started. Just drag and drop them onto the Canvas.
Add systems for easy drag and drop access:
Selectthe Nodes and Connections you’d like added
Add to private libraryOR
Selectthe Nodes and Connections you’d like added and use the
Add to private librarybutton that appear in the Properties Panel upon selection
This is a PRO feature, available with paid plans. For anyone working in teams, you can save library items and easily make them available to all team members.
When a diagram component is selected, the Properties Panel displays their Functions & Style set-up.
Check out the documentation for each Node/Connection to learn about each available setting.
Once you have modelled a system, at the bottom of the canvas, you can find the diagram’s Play Modes. Read all about it here:
Opens the Execution Chart of your diagram. Learn all about Charts at the link below.
Hover over the View Controller to reveal all options:
Use this as a minimap, by dragging the outline to navigate the diagram.
- Fit to screen
- Fit to width
- Fit to height
+ buttons to zoom in/out.