Mana and Spells SystemType: Patterns
A simple pattern showing the relation between spell usage and mana consumption.
How it works:
- The “Mana Pool” Node has a limit of 100. If a spell is used, the mana is replenished at a rate of 1 per second by the “Generator” Node.
- Each spell has a different mana cost and a different cooldown (except Spell 1, which can be cast continuously, as long as there’s enough mana).
- The spells pull mana from the “Mana Pool” and either drain the Resources (Spell 1) or convert them in the cooldown amount designed for each spell.
- While the amount in the cooldown Pool assigned to each spell is higher than 0, the spell can’t be used.
- The cooldown Pools are drained constantly at a rate of 1 per second.
Used by 2500+ game studios all over the world
350+ universities & academic institutions use Machinations