Rocket League Attack vs Defense simulationType: Deconstructions
The diagram covers the fundamental options of attackers and defenders during a Rocket League match.
- Each iteration starts with the attacker choosing between a Dribble or a Shot.
- The defender can respond to a Dribble by either Shadow Defense or Challenge.
- While the defender is in Shadow Defense, the attacker will have to choose between continuing dribbling and shooting.
- Once the defender engages in a Challenge, the attacker will either Lose Possession or keep the ball and continue with Dribble.
- If the ball is lost, the iteration ends. If the attacker wins the ball after the challenge, the cycle repeats until either the ball is lost or a Shot is performed.
- Once the attacker picks the Shot option, the defender is forced to try to block it, and the possible outcomes are Save and Miss.
- If the outcome is Save, the Lose Possession result is the only one available for the attacker, and if the defender’s attempt is a Miss, the attacker’s Shot becomes a Goal.
- Both outcomes end the cycle and trigger a new one.
Used by 2500+ game studios all over the world
350+ universities & academic institutions use Machinations