⦽ Basic Nodes
⧰ Advanced Nodes
✑ Nodes Properties
⚙ Unity Plugin (UP) & API
We organize regular webinars for both beginners and advanced users, once every 2 weeks.
Each Webinar is ran twice, in different time zones, so no matter where you are in the world, you can comfortably join us.
Here’s the schedule for upcoming webinars, links for registering and the recordings of past ones.
We’re looking at how Machinations can be used to test progression systems for different player profiles and play styles, ranging from casual players to your biggest whales. As well as how different players might approach your game and how this impacts their progression.
We were joined by Jeffrey Feenstra, LiveOps specialist @ PopReach who went over how he uses Machinations to optimize existing games and improve their performance and returns.
You’ll learn how to:
- Use Machinations to simulate different player choices and play styles
- Adjust the game balance so that all types of players get a great experience
- Use Registers to manipulate randomness and simulate different player responses
- Use Machinations to optimize live game balance and returns
The benefits of having a holistic approach to game design, by integrating your production with Machinations using our API Services.
Specifically, we will be using an upgraded version of our Tanks game example to demonstrate systems of progression and randomization. You’ll have the opportunity to wreak havoc against our developers by influencing the game balance via interactive polls.
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- How to integrate your Unity project with a Machinations model
- How the workflows between Unity and Machinations can help you reach the perfect game balance
- Ways to change and test your game parameters in Machinations
- How to use quick plays to test your game balance
- How different mechanics can be ported from Machinations to an actual game
Over 350 universities currently use Machinations to teach game design. We have invited some leading professors to discuss the best practices they have developed to teach students game design using Machinations.
During the panel, each of the speakers shares how they use https://machinations.io in the classroom and the best practices they have created. We will be showcasing a couple of projects created at Bahcesehir University using Machinations.
Battle Passes have been successfully implemented by a number of recent titles ranging from Fortnite to Clash of Clans and have quickly become a staple of game monetization mechanics.
This webinar runs through the deconstruction of the League of Legends: Wild Rift “Wild Pass” system and showcases how to create progression mechanics in Machinations.
During this session, you will learn:
- How the League of Legends Wild Rift battle pass system can be broken down in Machinations
- How to quickly simulate different player behaviors
- How to use Machinations to design battle pass mechanics
- The key metrics to keep in mind when building your battle pass
- How different battle pass mechanics can be used for maximum efficiency
Similar to the Machinations 101 session, Machinations 102 walks you through all of the uses of Registers and how they can be used.
We’ve taken Hades’ game mechanics apart and put them under the microscope to see how the progression system influences game balance.
We used Machinations to balance player damage and enemy health while keeping track of how player choices will impact their in-game progression.
Whether you’ve never used Machinations before, or you just need a refresher, we’ll walk you through the building blocks and share our recipe for a successful diagram.
- Gain a solid understanding of the building blocks of Machinations
- Master the different Play modes
- Get familiar with the chart and its usefulness
- Learn tips and tricks to keep a tidy diagram
The second installment in a series of webinars will be ideal for those who have never used Machinations before as well as game designers looking at new ways of improving their own models.
In this session, the Diagram Craftsman will take the Endless Runner model that we started creating during a previous webinar and build out a full game progression, monetization, and engagement strategy. We’ll also show you some real-world examples to help you design and plan your own games.
This series of webinars will be ideal for those who have never used Machinations before as well as game designers looking at new ways of improving their own models.
In this session, the Diagram Craftsman will run through the seven tutorial stages showing you the basic mechanics of the platform. We will then expand the endless runner model from the tutorial into a full game model by adding multiple game mechanics to keep our players engaged.
Join our experts as they build a crafting and health pack sub-system as part of an open-world RPG diagram and then balance these game mechanics in real-time.
We’ll showcase how you can use Machinations to find the right balance of any item type as a player progresses through different stages of a game.
Used by 2500+ game studios all over the world
350+ universities & academic institutions use Machinations