Unity Plugin (UP) & API
What is Machinations?
Machinations is the browser-based tool to design and balance game systems.
Game designers can:
- work collaboratively on their game systems
- simulate outcomes
- balance parameters on the fly
- showcase their ideas to the team and the world
All that, even before writing a single line of code.
If working on a game or learning/teaching game design you can use Machinations to:
- Map game systems in an interactive diagram
- Set parameters that define resource flows
- Get data from external sources and define complex variables with custom variables
- Plot and analyse these results in the chart, real-time
- Simulate outcomes for 1 player journey (Play) or stochastically (Batch Plays)
- Export simulation outcomes in CSV
- Export design parameters to Google Sheets
- Game designers who want to reduce iteration time by up to 90%
- Producers who want to save on production time and predict KPIs accurately
- Consultants who want to efficiently communicate their ideas to clients
- Developers who want an easy way of “translating” game design to code
- Analysts who want a tool for rapidly predicting KPIs and outcomes
- Professors who want a dedicated framework for teaching game design
- Students who want to develop a promising set of skills to build a career upon
87% of our users say Machinations helped them drastically reduce guesswork.
Machinations uses a Turing-complete visual language. It provides you with the power of multiple simulations (Monte Carlo) at a click of a button. No macros or code. This results in an easy way of identifying weaknesses in your game design.
82% of our users attested to Machinations helping them save time.
On average, our users said Machinations increased their productivity by 50%. For some of them, this goes up to even 90%.
62% Machinations users said it helped them improve team communication.
Machinations uses a game-centric framework & language. The diagrams themselves are dynamic. You can instantly visualize the flow of your design. Anyone involved in a task has a clear vision of the end goal.